You’ve decided it’s high time for your very own business website. Good for you. But before you commit to a plan, make sure what you put out there is up to speed with today’s customers. If you really want to be timely, having a mobile version of your website is a definite move in the right direction.
Whether on the go or sitting around killing time, your customers likely have a smartphone or tablet at arm’s length. To be more precise, 85 percent of Americans are never more than three feet from their mobile phones; that’s according to the experts at Google. Add to that, it’s estimated that over 50 percent of mobile phone users in the U.S. now have a smartphone. Of those, 80 percent say they don’t leave home without it.
Just as the popularity of smartphones and tablets is only expected to rise, so too is the way in which consumers use their mobile devices…from getting their news feeds and perusing restaurant menus, to researching products and services and making purchases.
In a recent Google-sponsored smartphone usage study, the research group Our Mobile Planet found that:
- 96% of smartphone users have researched a product or service on their device
- 94% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone
- 90% purchase, contact the business or take another action after local research
- 66% access the Internet every day on their smartphone
- 57% search on their smartphones every day
- 37% have researched on their smartphone and then purchased on a computer
- 35% have made a purchase on their phone
- 32% have researched on their smartphone and then purchased the product offline
Without a mobile-friendly website, you could be potentially turning off consumers and turning away business. Think about those moments when you’ve been on the go, in your car, with your smartphone in hand. It’s great that with one click you can call a company or map their location. That’s because they’ve got a mobile website that simply works. And you could, too, by choosing an EarthLink Web Hosting plan.
In fact, most EarthLink Web Hosting plans and all of our ecommerce hosting plans include a mobile website with click-to-map and click-to-call functionality. These include:
- Business Website Plus web hosting service
- eCommerce Website Plus ecommerce hosting service
- Standard Design & Marketing Website – professional web design and web hosting service
- Premium Design & Marketing Website – professional web design and web hosting service
- eCommerce Design & Marketing Website – professional web design and ecommerce hosting service
EarthLink Web Hosting plans are designed to make it easy for your business to be more upwardly mobile.