Having a website to promote your business is necessary nowadays, but there are small annoyances that come along with having a web presence that you’d rather not deal with. EarthLink Web Hosting is here to help you eliminate three of the most common:
Whenever a domain name is registered, the personal information (name, address, email address) of the buyer is displayed publicly. Anyone wanting to look up a URL can see this information. But EarthLink offers private registration that hides your personal information,, which helps protect you from unwanted communications and spam!
If you own a domain, chances are you’re going to spend money making sure people remember the web address in the hopes they’ll visit. Sadly, often other businesses can register similar domain names (either to try and swipe potential business, or because they’re not aware of your site existing), and this can be confusing to your current and prospective customers. But EarthLink Web Hosting offers “Domain Guard,” which alerts you when a domain name similar to yours is registered so you can respond to protect your trademarks, copyrights, and branding efforts!
Did you have to register a “.biz” instead of a “.com” or settle in some other way because the domain you wanted was already purchased, but not being used? EarthLink’s Domain Monitor tells you when an existing domain name becomes available so you can get the URL you really want!
According to reports from the New York Times, Apple is getting ready to dive into the internet radio pool. Having supposedly already sealed a deal with Warner Music, Apple is in rights negotiations with other music providers to launch a music streaming service with content variety that could rival its own iTunes library.
Rumors say Apple wants to release the service (which, like market leader Pandora, would be free) as a mobile app in its upcoming iOS7 operating system. The service would support itself from in-app ads, which seems to be standard practice for “internet radio” services.
If you use Pandora, would you jump ship for an Apple-branded service?
Business cards are the traditional way to spread your name throughout the business world, but times are changing. Printed business cards can only be useful in face-to-face environments, and they have zero connection to the source most people use to search for businesses: Google. Of course, you can put your URL on the card, but what if someone you spoke with remembers your name, but not your specific business website? EarthLink is here to help!
Using EarthLink’s eBiz Card, you can easily show up in Google search results. Your “card” establishes a search engine presence centered around your name, which can generate relevant business inquiries. Generate more call and website traffic and make it easy for prospects to find, contact and buy from you!
Here’s how it works:
When a prospect uses google to search for your name, your “eBusiness card” appears as a sponsored link in the Google search results (just like the graphic above!). They will see you at the top of the results, along with the message you include “on your card” (which is actually a powerful Google ad). Your Google ad can include a brief description of your services as well as a link to your business website (need help getting a website? Click here). You can also include your phone number to make it easy for prospects to call you.
Why would you not want to have a sponsored ad promoting yourself on Google? Get your eBusines card today! (You can also call us to find out more: 1-800-201-8615)
Building a website for your business can be daunting. Is it better to risk a lot of money on a designer or a lot of time on a built-it-yourself option? Too often, designers are prohibitively expensive, and website builders can look unprofessional.
EarthLink Web Hosting makes your choice easy with two solutions: an affordable, professional-grade do-it-yourself design tool, or an affordable professional designer. Let’s compare them…
Independent Designer / Design Firm
- Design is their only product (so it’s likely good!)
- It could be difficult to get one-on-one time
- Turn-around may be slow
- This is the highest-priced option
- Designers may have an esthetic they don’t like to deviate from
Designers Within Your Web Hosting Company
- They are invested in your business (for example, EarthLink offers web design services to compliment their web hosting plans, and prefer to support you in all areas instead of only supporting hosting)
- They have incentive to keep you as a client (ex. If a designer loses your business, he only loses your deign business; if a hosting company loses your design business, they will probably also lose your hosting business!)
- Pricing is lower than design-only options
- Other services (such as internet marketing) can also be added to your account (and costs are cheaper bundled!)
- Turn around time may be slower than desired
Yourself, With Easy-to-Use Tools
- EarthLink offers tools (ex.Net Objects Fusion) that let you to create your own website on your own time with no design experience required
- Turn around time is up to you (and you can alter it at your discretion)
- This is the most affordable of your options
- You will spend a little bit of time learning how to use your chosen tool(s)