You may have noticed the new “What’s New” button on the right side of the toolbar.
We’ll use that page to describe new features and tell you how to use them. Currently it describes the font preference setting that was new in the last release.
This release also included two important bug fixes:
- The error that was occuring when deleting the last message in a folder, is fixed.
- We fixed a cause of lost sessions where you would be returned to the login page during an active session, or get an error “due to inactivity”.
This release fixes a few bugs reported by users, and also adds a much-requested enhancement.
- You can now save your desired font settings to compose messages, including font name, size, color, and italic/bold/underline. There are two ways to save your preference. When composing a message just set the font the way you want it and click the Save icon on the far right of the toolbar (looks like a disk icon). You can also go to Preferences / Sending & Replying, under the New Message Editor Settings.
After saving, all new messages and replies will be in the style you saved, by default. You can still edit in-line using the toolbar to modify the saved style for any particular message.
- Fixed 500 Server Error when attempting to log out.
- Fixed cursor not appearing in To field by default on some browsers.
- Fixed Chrome browser opening new tabs for all links.
- Fixed Anonymous Email link not appearing in Preferences for some users.
- Fixed a highlight format problem in compose with Firefox.
Please let us know if anything isn’t working right.
Beginning around noon ET on Thursday, email services were not available for most users for about an hour. Access to email was restored around 1PM. However, incoming email was still delayed for several hours for most of the afternoon. All pending email was eventually delivered sometime Thursday evening. We apologize for the inconvenience and the delays. Everything should be working properly now.
In the latest maintenance release of Web Mail, which went live on 9/13, one of the significant issues we fixed is the longstanding timezone issue that affected some users. A small number of users would sometimes have the wrong timezone displayed in Web Mail and also stamped on outgoing messages. It would always be ET (GMT-5) even when they were in another timezone. This should be fixed now.
Please let me know if you encounter a problem with this again.