Of course everybody wants the best web hosting they can get for their business website, but we realize that choosing the best web hosting service isn’t easy.
After all, there are so many web hosting providers claiming to be the best host. And there are so many different web hosting features advertised, it can make your head spin trying to keep track of them all.
But what’s really important to look for in a web hosting company? What combination of features and specs would make the best web hosting service for you? We’ll try to help you make this important decision, and of course also let you know why we think EarthLink Web Hosting just might be your very best choice.
The Best Web Hosting Companies…
- Have been around a long time. Sure, it’s not always the case that the most experienced company is the best, but in a competitive industry like web hosting, history and experience really do count for something. Do you really want to entrust your business to a web host today that may or may not be around for you tomorrow. EarthLink was one of the first national web hosting companies; we’ve been offering what we think is the best web hosting since way back in 1995. And we’re still going strong. So you can count on our company being around to support your company as it grows online.
- Guarantee their web hosting service. Seems obvious, doesn’t it: if a company claims to have the best web hosting service, they should be willing to stand behind it. We do. Try EarthLink Web Hosting for 30 days, and if for some strange reason you aren’t satisfied, we’ll give you your money back. We also offer a 99.9% target uptime guarantee.
- Give you choices. EarthLink gives you the choice of web hosting plans that include easy-to-use website builders so you can quickly and easily build your own website. We give you the choice of having a professional website designer do everything for you. And we give you the choice of standard web hosting or ecommerce web hosting if you want to accept secure credit card transactions on your website. With all those choices, you’re sure to find the web hosting plan that’s best for you.
- Help you get online fast. EarthLink offers free, same-day web hosting setup and simple do-it-yourself website building tools that you can use to get your website online amazingly fast. Because when you’re ready, your web hosting service should be too.
- Give you everything you need. Beware, some web hosting providers market bare bones plans that look appealing based on price, but then leave you without web hosting features and specifications that you really need. Even our most basic web hosting plan comes with one free domain name, support for 5 domains, 200GB of storage and 2,000GB of bandwidth, 100 domain email accounts with advanced email features, a WordPress blog installer, SEO tools, email marketing and social media marketing tools, and more than 70 total features. Our Business and Ecommerce plans offer even more. We think it’s the best web hosting service line-up around.
- Don’t force you into contracts. Our standard web hosting plans are available at low monthly rates. No need to lock yourself into a yearly contract. We want you to want to stay because you feel you’re getting the best web hosting, not force you to stay because of a contract.
The Best Web Hosting Services…
- Help you reach mobile users. According to a 2012 study by Google, 96% of smartphone users have researched a product or service on their phone. And this smartphone research by consumers leads to both online and offline sales. So you don’t want to miss out on this very important and growing opportunity by not having a mobile optimized website. EarthLink Web Hosting offers five plans that include a free mobile site optimized for smartphones and tablets, with click-to-call to turn site visitors into telephone leads, click-to-map to help get local customers to your store, and online forms so customers can leave contact information for you.
- Help your website get found. Building your website is an important first step. Getting customers to find it is the next big one. EarthLink Web Hosting can help, by offering two tools that can give your website an advantage in the competition to attract customers online. EasySiteOptimizer, included in all our web hosting plans, is an advanced SEO tool that helps to optimize your website so people can find it using search engines like Google, Bing™ & Yahoo!® OneList, included in five of our web hosting plans, lets you list your business website in 60+ online directories and GPS navigation systems all at once!
- Help you market your business. For the same reason we offer SEO tools with our web hosting plans, we offer web marketing tools as well: because the best web hosting service doesn’t just host a website—it helps the websites succeed. Our email marketing tools make it simple to reach out to customers with HTML newsletters and email marketing campaigns. You’ll even get built-in reporting so you can fine-tune your efforts. Our SocialStream tool helps you streamline your social media marketing and save time by simultaneously posting to your Facebook, Twitter & LinkedInIn® accounts. Several of our plans even include a unique phone number with advanced call tracking capabilities.
- Support multiple domain names. We’ve written before about the value of domain names and the reasons why you might want to own several domains. So it’s best if you make sure your web hosting service supports multiple domains, as EarthLink Web Hosting does.
- Give you more than enough webspace and bandwidth. To know how much space you need, you need to estimate the size of your webpages (this includes all elements that will be on each page) and know how many pages you will have on your website. Of course, then, you’ll want to over-estimate and allow for growth. Keep in mind, even though the average size of a webpage has grown, it’s still just 1.3MB, according to HTTP Archive. So if you had 1,000 average webpages on your site, that would need about 1.3GB of website storage space. So we offer a bit more than that. Our web hosting plans start at 200GB of website storage, with 2,000GB for web transfer or bandwidth. And don’t get suckered into thinking you need the “unlimited” plans touted by some web hosting companies. It’s marketing. First, you don’t need it. Second, they’re not really going to give you a service with no limits. Start using “too much” of your unlimited space or bandwidth and see what happens.
- Are easy to use. How easy a Web Hosting service is to use often comes down to its control panel or control center. All you need to do is search around for comments and posts to hear just how hard some services are to use. At EarthLink, we worked long and hard to make our Web Hosting Control Center robust, offering all the most popular functionality along with more advanced features, and easy to use. From within your Control Center you can easily
Our goal is that both tech geeks and people intimidated by technology alike will come away thinking the same thing: “wow, that’s got to be the best web hosting control center.” Or at least, “hey, that was easy.”
We hope that helps you figure out what the best web hosting would be for you.
As you’re considering EarthLink Web Hosting, make sure you click the More Details button for any web hosting plan you are interested in. And also be sure to click the Compare All Do-It-Yourself Plans or Compare All Do-It-For-Me Plans links underneath the standard web hosting and professional website design plans to see all the features and specifications side by side. It’s the best way to figure which web hosting plan will work best for you. And that’s our goal.