A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post discussing how to find the best domain names for your business.
Most people focus on domain names only in the context of a website. And that makes sense. A domain name is often synonymous with your website, and your website can be synonymous with your business. Amazon.com is a domain name. Amazon.com is a website. Amazon.com is a very successful business.
But a domain name can also be good for your business apart from your website: by letting you communicate with customers, potential customers, suppliers and partners with custom, branded email addresses.
Domain email addresses are valuable as extensions of your brand. When you include your email address on business cards or marketing material, being able to show your domain in the address helps you reinforce your brand identity. It also makes the address easier to remember.
Domain email addresses are also important trust factors that can help your business succeed online. If you were considering buying from two businesses and one had you send email to an @yahoo.com (or @gmail.com or @hotmail.com etc.) email address and the other had a custom Support@YourBusiness.com domain email address, you’ll probably trust the 2nd at least a little more. And sometimes that extra trust is all you need to tip the scales for you.
So, now that you know why you might want to use domain email (with or without a domain name website), here’s how to get started with it after you’ve become an EarthLink Web Hosting or Domain with Email customer. It’s super simple!
How to Set Up Domain Name Email Addresses
1. Sign in to the EarthLink Control Center at cc.earthlink.net
2. Click the orange EMAIL tab at the top of the page.
3. Under Manage Email Accounts, click the Add Mailbox button (a mailbox is the first part of your full domain email address).
4. On the New Mailbox form, simply pick a name for the new mailbox you want at your domain name, then choose a password, confirm the password, and click the green Save button. It takes just a few seconds for your new email address to be created.
5. Repeat step 4 for an other email addresses you want to create.
Our Domain with Email plan allows you to create up to 50 email addresses (mailboxes). Our Web Hosting services come with 100 – 500 email addresses depending on plan you choose.
Some popular mailbox names and types for businesses are:
Let us know your experience with domain email and any mailbox names you like to use!