If you’re an EarthLink Internet access customer, you may already know what a good choice myEarthLink.net is a to start all your surfing: because it has a great mix of relevant content that can be personalized based on your location and your interests.
We’ve written in that past about how to personalize your myEarthLink page in general, moving features up or down, deleting or adding features, and more.
We’ve also looked more closely at how to check your email on myEarthLink.
Today we’ll focus on movies and show you how easy it is to add your favorite movie theaters, so you can keep up on all those summer blockbusters heading your way. It will not only give you easy access to movie showtimes at your favorite local theaters, but also let you see trailers, get movie information, and in many cases buy tickets.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your Start Page at http://my.earthlink.net and sign in if you aren’t already signed in.
- Scroll down to the My Favorite Theaters section (since pages are custom, it can be in many different places). If you don’t see this feature at all, you may need to add it to your page (look for the Add a Feature section, click My Favorite Theaters and then the Add button).
- Click the edit link on the My Favorite Theaters feature bar.
- Enter your zip code or a city and state.
- Click the Go button.
- You’ll see a list of the theaters closest to the location you entered. Click on your favorite theaters and click the Add button. You can add up to 5 favorites. (Factors you may want to consider if you have lots of choices: how close the theater is, how easy it is to park, whether there’s public transportation, how many screens, and how comfortable the theater is.)
- Use the arrow buttons to move your choices into your preferred order.
- Click Save Changes when you are done. (You can always go back and delete a choice, change the order or add a new favorite.)
- Now on your Start Page you should see the theaters you chose listed under My Favorite Theaters. If the times aren’t displayed, simply click the display showtimes link. If times are displayed and you want to save space on your page until you’re in movie mode, click hide showtimes.
- Click on any movie link to get more information about the film, such as Rating, Running Time, Stars, Director, reviews, and more.
- Click on any Play Trailer button to watch the official movie preview (you can watch with Windows Media player or Quicktime).
- Click on specific showtimes to buy tickets online (online ticketing is not available for all theaters).
We hope you enjoy some good movies this summer!