What’s on TV? Just check myEarthLink.
Yes, most paid TV services, whether cable or satellite, have channel guides built in. But there are a lot of times that it’s helpful and convenient to see what’s coming up without turning on the TV (especially if you want to plan your night’s viewing before you leave work).
So many EarthLink Internet access customers like to add local TV listings to their myEarthLink Start Page. It’s a very simple one-time setup. Here’s all you need to do to get more out of your TV viewing:
- Go to your Start Page at http://my.earthlink.net/ and sign in if you aren’t already signed in.
- Scroll down to the TV Listings section (since pages are custom, it can be in many different places). If you don’t see TV Listings at all, you may need to add it (look for the Add a Feature section, click TV Listings and then the Add button).
- Click Go to your local TV listings.
- Enter your zip code.
- Click on your TV provider type: Cable, Satellite or Antenna (FiOS, U-verse and other fiber-based TV providers are listed under Cable).
- Click on your television provider.
- You should now see current local listings provided by TotalTV.
- Click the categories shown under the blue bar to show All listings or only Movies, Sports, Family programming or News.
- Use the drop-down menus on the right to select a different time of day (you’ll see two hours of programming displayed starting at the time you select) or a different day.
- Click on any of the listings to get more information about the show: an overview, cast and photos.
That’s all you need to do to set up your local TV listings. Next time you’re on your Start Page, simply click the local TV listings link to see what’s on. Happy viewing!