The iPad has skyrocketed in popularity as an ultra-mobile laptop alternative. If you’re an EarthLink Dial-Up Internet or High-Speed Internet access member and you’ve got one, make sure it’s even more useful by setting it up to get your EarthLink email. It’s super-simple. Here’s how…
- Click the Settings icon (shown here).
- From Settings, click Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- In the Accounts section, click Add Account…
- Click Other (the last option, shown below).
- Click Add Mail Account (in the Mail section at the top of the screen).
- Enter your Name, Email (full EarthLink email address), Password, and a Description (such as “EarthLink Email,” “Main EarthLink Email,” or just type your full email address again).
- Click Next (upper right) to verify your account and complete your setup.
If for some reason your iPad cannot find your server settings automatically, you will have to manually enter them. Select the POP option if asked and completely fill out the Incoming and Outgoing Server sections. Under Incoming Mail Server, enter pop.earthlink.net for the Host Name. Under Outgoing Mail Server, enter smtpauth.earthlink.net as the Host Name. Make sure you use your full email address when completing the User Name fields. Click Done when you are finished.
If you have an EarthLink email address that doesn’t end in @earthlink.net, you can find out what incoming and outgoing server settings you should use by visiting this EarthLink Support Center page: http://support.earthlink.net/email/email-server-settings.php.
When you click the Mail icon on your iPad, you can now get your EarthLink email by going to All Inboxes (where you’ll also get email sent to other email addresses) or click the name you entered as your Description above to see only email for this EarthLink email address.