The best Web Hosting providers like EarthLink don’t just host your website. They help you build a website.
With EarthLink Web Hosting, making a website for your business is fast and easy—no experience necessary. In our last post, we showed you how to quickly build a one-page business website with our free Website builder. This post will show you how easy it is to create and publish a multi-page web site for your business.
Remember, you don’t need to know anything about building a website to get started, but you do need to have either an EarthLink website hosting plan or ecommerce hosting plan to have access to our Website Builder.
And one more note: you’ll be able to build and publish your website a lot faster if you prepare a little before you begin. Have an idea of the headlines, sub-heads and other text about your business that you’ll want to use. Also gather any images you would like to use.
Make a Multi-Page Website – with Our Website Builder
1. Go online to the EarthLink Web Hosting Control Panel at cc.earthlink.net.
2. Sign in by entering your domain name (something.com), and the username and password you chose. Then click Login.
3. In the Build section of the Control Panel, click the icon above EasySiteWizardPro (show above). This is the Website Builder you will use to make your web site.
4. Click the Multi-Page Site link.
5. Next, add a few Site Details: your Website Title (what you want the web page headline to be), tagline (which is just under the headline/title), and choose a directory to publish into. If you leave the Publish To (directory) field empty, you will publish to root of your domain name website (www.mywebsite.com) vs. a directory like www.mywebsite.com/business/. You can also click a checkbox if you want to enable an RSS feed of your website.
6. Now, choose a design for your website. First use the drop-down menu to select a website template category. There are scores of template categories to choose from, including general business themes, and industry-specific themes such as architecture, computers, education, fashion, healthcare, law, medicine, music, real estate, security and many more. There are also non-business themes such as children, families, games, and weddings.
7. Click Apply to choose the site design after you have previewed it.
8. Choose the Site Menu (website navigation links) you want so visitors can click to the other pages of your multi-page website. You can choose Home, News, Products, and About Us. Click the Options button under each if you want to rename any of these menu names (for example, you can change Products to Services or News to Blog) or specify a different URL to link to. Use the left and right arrows if you want to re-order the menu items. Click the green Next button when you are done with your web site menus.
9. You will next have the option of choosing to create a Master Page. A Master Page is a template you create if there are elements that you want on all pages of your website (a logo, text blocks, headers, etc.). For this post, we clicked No and chose not to use a Master Page template.
10. On the Editor screen, use the toolbar buttons at the top-left to create new text fields, add images, undo or redo changes you make, save changes to your page, build or update forms, and more. Hover your mouse over any toolbar icon to learn what it does.
11. Double-click on any image to resize, delete or move it.
12. Double-click on any text box to edit the text. You can drag the text box to resize it, move it on the page, or delete it. Click the Font Properties button while you are editing text to make the font larger or smaller, choose a different font type, change the color, and more.
13. When you’ve made all your changes, click the magnifying glass icon in the upper right to preview your website. If it looks good, click the arrow icon furthest to the right to automatically publish your website to your domain.
Here’s the website I made as an example using EarthLink’s Website Builder while I was writing this post (not a real company or live site):
So now it’s your turn. Have a good time creating and publishing your website with our free Website Builder!