If you’re an EarthLink Web Hosting customer, your online Control Center is your one stop to view and modify aspects of your account, build your website, add website features, manage your email, and more.
Today we’re going to give you an overview of the Email section of your Control Center. That’s where you can go to add mailboxes or FTP dropboxes, add forwards or mailing lists, create email newsletters, and more.
- Add FTP Dropbox: An FTP dropbox is a storage space on your website that you can use to store and retrieve files. Some people use it as a way to share files that are too large to send via email. Simply click the FTP Dropbox icon and then enter a new email address and password. Or click the edit icon next to any of the email addresses you already have in the Accounts section on the left and click the Enable button to activate a dropbox using the password for that address.
- Add Mailbox: Click the Add Mailbox icon to create a new mailbox/email address at your domain. Depending on whether you have an EarthLink build your own website or professional web design plan, you can create from 100 – 1,000 email addresses. See our previous post about domain email addresses.
- Add Forward: A forwarded email address automatically sends all email sent to that address to another email address that you have specified. The forwarded address will be a mailbox at your domain. The address (or addresses) you forward to (called Recipients here) can be any email address. If you want to forward one of the email addresses you’ve already created, click on the edit icon for that address in the Accounts section on the left. Click the Yes button where it says Forward Email to Another Address, enter the address you want to forward to, and click the Update Forwarding button.
- Add Mailing List: Mailing Lists are special email accounts set up to forward email to a number of other email addresses. Email sent to the mailing list address is forwarded to everyone on the subscriber list. You may want to create a mailing list to email information to a large customer list or to use as an email-based discussion group. Choose a email address for the list, write a subject line, enter up to 300 recipients (hopefully if your list is large you can cut and paste from a spreadsheet or other document), and click Save.
- Announcer Pro: Announcer Pro is an easy-to-use email marketing platform. It lets you create HTML email newsletter and email marketing campaigns. It also helps you manage emails and track your results. See our previous post on How to Create & Send Your First Marketing Email with Announcer Pro.
- Fax-to-Email: This add-on service delivers faxes to your email inbox for your convenience. If you have this service, click the Fax-to-Email icon to log in and access your main fax number.
- Catchall Mailbox: A catchall mailbox is one that is set up to receive all email sent to your domain that isn’t sent to a valid email address. For example, if a customer sends an email to email@example.com and you don’t have that as an active email address, the message will be forwarded to your catchall box. See our previous post about Domain Email and the Catchall Mailbox.