This is the follow-up we promised last week in our post about how to use EasySiteOptimizer Pro’s Code Validation tools to improve website SEO. If you missed that, I recommend starting there and then coming back to this one. And if you haven’t yet done any keyword optimization on your website, you may want to go all the way back to this post about on-page keyword SEO using EasySiteOptimizer Pro.
So, I’ll assume that by now you’ve done some keyword optimization and code validation using EasySiteOptimizer and are ready for these next steps.
First, let’s generate a sitemap that contains all the links available on your website to ensure that Google and other search engines can easily index all your pages. Using a sitemap may improve your chances to rank in search engines for the maximum number of pages.
- Sign into your Web Hosting Control Center at with your EarthLink Web Hosting domain name, username, and password.
- On the Build tab, click the EasySiteOptimizer button.
- From the Main Menu window, click the Sitemap link on the left side of the page.
- Click the Generate Sitemap button.
- You’ll see a confirmation that the sitemap was created and any previous sitemap was replaced.
- Click the Upload Sitemap button to submit the new sitemap to Google and other search engines.
- Click OK after you get confirmation the sitemap was uploaded.
The next EasySiteOptimizer tool you may want to use is the Submissions tool. It’s super quick and easy to use.
Simply click on the Submissions tab at the top of the page, check the 5 boxes listed on the page, and click Apply. This will automatically submit your website to Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and AOL. (Keep in mind, submitting doesn’t guarantee that your site will be indexed, but it’s a great first step.)
After your site has been up for a few weeks, you may want to check in on your Google rankings. The simplest way to see if your website is indexed is to go to Google and search for your website by name. But EasySiteOptimizer Pro offers some additional support when checking SEO rankings. Here’s how to use it:
- Click the Optimization tab at the top of the page.
- Click the Google Rankings link on the left side of the page.
- At the top of the fields on the page you should see your Main URL listed (probably your website’s homepage). To check rankings for that page only, simply click the Check button without adding any additional information.
- Below the Check button you should now see numbers listed for Saturation, Back Links, and Page Rank (you may need to scroll down to see them). Saturation is the number of your website’s pages that Google has indexed. Back Links are the number of other websites that have links to your site. And Page Rank is Google’s quality score for your website (between 0 – 10, but you may see NA listed if your website is still new).
- You can use the Location field to get rankings for other pages on your website.
- Check the use www prefix box if your website defaults to www.
- You can add up to four additional URLs if you want to compare your website to other sites (such as competitors).
- Click on the Reports tab at the top of the page.
- Choose a Month and Year with the drop-down menus.
- Click the Generate Report button.
- You’ll see a bar graph showing your daily website hits for the month you selected. It’s sometimes helpful to look for patterns (are Mondays always busy, weekends always light?) and signs of growth (though you may need to look back several months to chart growth).
- Under the graph, you’ll get a list of the top Referrers and their URLs, along with the number of hits they generated. (A referrer is basically a website that has sent traffic to you.)
Good luck with your SEO effort with EasySiteOptimizer Pro.