Dial-up internet access for Mac users is fast and easy with EarthLink Dial-up. But the experience is a little different from that of Windows users.
If you are a Mac user, here’s how you should configure your computer (OS X 10.5) for dial up Internet access with EarthLink:
- Open your System Preferences (under the Apple menu).
- Click the Network icon (in the Internet and Network section).
- In the left menu, select either Internal Modem or USB Modem.
- In the Telephone Number field, enter an EarthLink dial-up Internet access number that’s local for you (if you don’t have one yet, find a dial-up access number here).
- Enter your EarthLink email address in the Account Name field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Check the box next to Show modem status in menu bar.
- Click Apply to complete your dial-up networking setup.
Now, whenever you want to connect to the Internet with dial up, you can click the Connect button on the Network window.
Don’t Forget to Use EarthLink Accelerator for Faster Dial-Up
We also strongly recommend that Mac dial-up users download EarthLink Accelerator (it’s FREE for all our dial-up access members). With Accelerator installed, you’ll be able to surf the web up to 7x faster than with regular dial-up. And it speeds up email too. So don’t wait — get it now!