Hosted Voice systems are an important part of modern-day business. In the past, businesses have had limited ways of unifying office employees, multiple location workforces, and remote employees into a team environment. This is a major concern, as teamwork is what allows individuals and office locations to back each other up during outages,emergencies, and cover clients in different time zones.
And managing the calls and activities of each location was difficult, due to a lack of visibility and reporting possibilities. Each location (or remote employee) was stuck in its/his own communication bubble using separately-managed, low-end communication solutions (and we use that word loosely).
With the advent of call routing, network based auto-attendants, and communication portals that provide online visibility, all that can be left in the past! Businesses can now unify all of their locations, provide call routing based on single or multiple numbers, and run detailed reports; this gives leadership visibility into how their business is functioning, and the tools they need to assign responsibility and ownership to call functions. Being able to have all phone communications “under one roof” is even more important when you consider the growing number of remote employees in the workforce.
EarthLink Business wants to provide your company with the hosted voice solution it needs; contact an EarthLink Business resource today to find out how the EarthLink Hosted Voice product can change the way you do business!
Hosted Voice by EarthLink Business is being applied to the retail vertical more and more. It is a great way to unify any company that has a few to many locations with minimal telephony needs. Since EarthLink has so many options for blended access, we can create a cost effective customized solution that is a good economic fit for any customer and any size retail presence.
EarthLink Business is one of the few providers that can provide COS (Class of Service) over a DSL connection. With this offering, retailers can enjoy a business class connection at an extremely competitive cost. In the past, retail owners would have no way of unifying their store locations because each store would be stuck with a separately-managed, low end communication solution. But with the EarthLink Business Hosted Voice product we can unify all of the stores and provide detailed call accountability through call logs…giving leadership personnel visibility into how their business is functioning. In turn, they are able to fill in the gaps, adjust their dealings appropriately, and increase productivity (which can ultimately increase their profitability). Contact an EarthLink resource today to find out how the EarthLink Hosted Voice product can change the way you do business!
During this time of year most people are focused on celebration, and a well-deserved time away from the office. If you are not in the retail industry then chances are your business will slow down over the holiday and many employees will be asking for time off. Managers and business owners are faced with the challenge of balancing the need to give employees time to enjoy their families, travel and holiday activities while still having resources available to respond to customers, internal teams and vendors to serve the daily needs of the business. While there are limited options available for some types of business that require employees to do tasks that necessitate you to be on site there are options for service related business like insurance, healthcare, real estate, legal firms and software companies. Here are a few ways to soften the workload and make it a happier holiday for all while staying connected:
- Un-tether your employees from the office – To do this there are several tools available to make it easy for employees to stay connected from home or in their car while making the trip over the river and through the woods.
- Call Routing from your business lines – This feature allows you to route calls to mobile phones, home phones or other business locations. Some providers like EarthLink Business can even provide options to try multiple numbers simultaneously or sequentially. To make it easy for employees and business administrators they can also build rules ahead of time to pre-schedule the routing options.
- Auto-attendant – whether it is a traditional premise based phone system or a cloud-based auto attendant this front ends the incoming calls with a system generated greeting that provides the caller with options. You can provide options for callers to get routed to a live person via re-routing to a mobile number or alternative phone number even for holiday or after hours if required. You can also have callers leave a voicemail for critical issues and forward those messages auto-magically to an email distribution list for visibility by your employees on any email platform. There are also options to set a schedule for the greetings and call treatments in advance of a holiday to make it as easy as turning it on when needed.
- Voicemail – Don’t forget to have your employees change their voicemail to notify callers of the business hours during the holiday and have an alternate contact if they will not be responding during certain times. Once again a schedule can be set up ahead of time so they don’t have to change it on every holiday.
- Soft phone or soft client access – If your employees must stay “online” during the holiday these software based phones can be loaded on their laptop and taken home and remain active on home DSL or cable based networks. Most software based IP providers offer the same functionality as if the user were in the office. Coupled with network access to get to key applications like work email and key business software programs this makes a powerful way to stay connected without having to leave their homes or while on the road.
- Lastly, make sure whatever tools you use to stay connected have web based portal access to allow for employees and office administrators alike to give you the ability to make changes on the fly without having to drive back to the office to make changes.
Here is wishing you and yours a happy, carefree and connected holiday season!
The EarthLink Hosted Voice product can help businesses of all shapes and sizes. We have helped the “mom and pop” store change the way they conduct their day-to-day, and we have improved the functionality of huge corporate entities with hundreds of locations. Every situation the EarthLink team comes across is different, but the result is always the same: increased communication productivity.
We have seen some of our customers have a huge increase in revenue because of the way our hosted voice product is applied to their day to day life. Sure it is important to always get your incoming phone calls, but what about the other pieces… Before we can fill in the gaps, we first have to identify where in the problems lie. Is there a certain time of day that we don’t have enough coverage? Are there certain employees that have a need for extended communication capabilities? How much business are we losing because of these (previously unnoticed) problems??
The EarthLink Hosted Voice product includes detailed call accountability at no additional cost. A network admin can pull the call statistics for an individual employee or the entire company, at any time. This information can then be sorted and displayed in charts and graphs which can be a powerful tool to give your executives an insight into their business performance.
We came across a pizza company that realized that they were missing out on business during Fridays and Saturdays because their antiquated phone system couldn’t handle the amount of incoming call flow during these high volume periods. After our solution engineers were able to evaluate their business we were able to come up with a solution that increased their profitability by 20% in the first month! We suggested that the owner higher a few people to take orders during those busy times. Those extra people received a phone at their personal homes and they were able to handle the extra call flow by entering the additional orders on the website. Since the employees were remote and only needed to work limited hours this turned out to be a great solution which lead to increased profitability with only a minimal investment.
This is only one of the many customer integrations that our solutions engineers have created for our customers. Typically our suggestions don’t require any additional investment. Simply the correct programming of our feature rich solution will revolutionize your business. Our solution engineers would love the opportunity to evaluate your business in order to see if we can do the same for you. Visit EarthLink’s Hosted Voice customer resources page and contact us for a site evaluation today!