Businesses can often become so busy with day-to-day activities that it becomes harder and harder to set aside time for promotion. Marketing takes time (and is incredibly necessary), but the business of, well, being in business often leaves too little time (a sadly counter-intuitive situation). This is why many companies hire advertising services or agencies to handle everything from print work to the ever-important email marketing. Sometimes this can be a smart choice, but often businesses would rather not spend the money, but hire outside firms out of what feels like necessity. Well no more! You don’t HAVE to give over control of your email promotions, because EarthLink Web Hosting has a tool called Announcer Pro
This intuitive email marketing platform gives you back control. Announcer Pro lets you create, send, and manage email campaigns with ease. The system is easy-to-use, and is designed to meet your email marketing needs, including
- creative design
- contact list management
- performance tracking
- …and more!
With plans starting as low as $12.99/month, Announcer Pro offers unmatched value and flexibility for businesses of all sizes, so contact us now if you have questions and/or want to add it to your EarthLink Web Hosting service!
If you’re an EarthLink Web Hosting customer, your online Control Center is your one stop to view and modify aspects of your account, build your website, add website features, manage your email, and more.
Today we’re going to give you an overview of the Email section of your Control Center. That’s where you can go to add mailboxes or FTP dropboxes, add forwards or mailing lists, create email newsletters, and more.
To get started, simply sign in to the Control Center at https://control.earthlink.net/ and click the Email tab. From there you’ll have these 7 options:
- Add FTP Dropbox: An FTP dropbox is a storage space on your website that you can use to store and retrieve files. Some people use it as a way to share files that are too large to send via email. Simply click the FTP Dropbox icon and then enter a new email address and password. Or click the edit icon next to any of the email addresses you already have in the Accounts section on the left and click the Enable button to activate a dropbox using the password for that address.
- Add Mailbox: Click the Add Mailbox icon to create a new mailbox/email address at your domain. Depending on whether you have an EarthLink build your own website or professional web design plan, you can create from 100 – 1,000 email addresses. See our previous post about domain email addresses.
- Add Forward: A forwarded email address automatically sends all email sent to that address to another email address that you have specified. The forwarded address will be a mailbox at your domain. The address (or addresses) you forward to (called Recipients here) can be any email address. If you want to forward one of the email addresses you’ve already created, click on the edit icon for that address in the Accounts section on the left. Click the Yes button where it says Forward Email to Another Address, enter the address you want to forward to, and click the Update Forwarding button.
- Add Mailing List: Mailing Lists are special email accounts set up to forward email to a number of other email addresses. Email sent to the mailing list address is forwarded to everyone on the subscriber list. You may want to create a mailing list to email information to a large customer list or to use as an email-based discussion group. Choose a email address for the list, write a subject line, enter up to 300 recipients (hopefully if your list is large you can cut and paste from a spreadsheet or other document), and click Save.
- Announcer Pro: Announcer Pro is an easy-to-use email marketing platform. It lets you create HTML email newsletter and email marketing campaigns. It also helps you manage emails and track your results. See our previous post on How to Create & Send Your First Marketing Email with Announcer Pro.
- Fax-to-Email: This add-on service delivers faxes to your email inbox for your convenience. If you have this service, click the Fax-to-Email icon to log in and access your main fax number.
- Catchall Mailbox: A catchall mailbox is one that is set up to receive all email sent to your domain that isn’t sent to a valid email address. For example, if a customer sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you don’t have that as an active email address, the message will be forwarded to your catchall box. See our previous post about Domain Email and the Catchall Mailbox.
Last week we posted about Microsoft’s launch of the all-new Windows 8 operating system. We know that many of you may have already upgraded or will do so in the near future.
One change we’d like to prepare you for concerns your access to EarthLink email. The Windows 8 operating system no longer comes with Windows Live Mail pre-installed. The new email program does not allow POP email accounts like those from EarthLink to be configured.
If you are using Windows 8, you have three options for downloading your EarthLink POP email:
- EarthLink Web Mail: The simplest way to get your EarthLink email is to use our Web Mail. Just open any web browser, go to webmail.earthlink.net and sign in with your EarthLink email address and password.
- Outlook.com: Add your EarthLink email address to Microsoft’s Outlook.com and then connect Outlook to the Windows 8 Mail app. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to http://Outlook.com. (If you don’t have a Microsoft account, create one.)
- Click the settings icon (looks like gears) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select More mail settings from the settings menu.
- Click Sending/receiving email from other accounts under Managing Your Account.
- Click the Add an email account link in the middle of the page.
- Click Advanced options.
- Configure your email settings by entering your POP server name (pop.earthlink.net), unchecking SSL, choosing Port 587, and adding in your full email address and password. Then click Next.
- Select an Outlook.com folder for your EarthLink mail or have it come to your inbox. We recommend having it come to your inbox. Click Save when done.
- Verify your email address by clicking a link that comes in a confirmation email that Microsoft sends to your POP account. Your Outlook.com account should now show all the messages that are stored in your POP account.
- To associate Outlook.com and your EarthLink email with your Windows 8 computer, click the Windows 8 Mail app tile. Then select Accounts under Settings.
- Select Outlook.
- Enter your Outlook.com username and password then click Connect.