A couple of weeks ago we posted SEO Basics: How to Use Keywords for Website SEO to you get started with SEO.
This week’s web hosting post is a follow-up to show our web hosting and ecommerce hosting customers how to use EasySiteOptimizer Pro (free for EarthLink customers) to implement the keyword suggestions we offered.
Here’s how easy it is to get started with SEO:
- Sign into your Web Hosting Control Center at with your EarthLink Web Hosting domain name, username, and password.
- On the Build tab, click the EasySiteOptimizer button (shown above); a new window will open.
- Click the Manage Keywords link.
- Click the arrow next to the page you want to add keyword keywords to; it’s best to start at the homepage, which will often be listed under Choose pages as index.html or index.htm. Then click the Continue to Keyword Selection button.
- If you don’t yet have any keywords yet, an alert message will pop up to let you know that. Simply click OK.
- Enter the Title you want for this webpage (remember, anything over 70 characters won’t be displayed in search results). See our previous SEO Basics post about Title tags for additional guidance.
- Enter the Description you want for this webpage. The description isn’t used for SEO rankings, but it is important. It’s the text that is typically shown in Google search results for your site (keep it under 155 characters, including spaces).
- Under Active Keywords List, click the + Add Keyword link.
- Add keywords one at a time for your webpage. When you’ve finished, click the Apply button to save your Title, Description, and Keyword changes to your website.
- If you are just working on one page of your website, that’s all you need to do. If you want to optimize other pages, simply repeat the process, selecting a different page as you did above in step 4.
Remember to check our SEO Basics post about keywords if you need help choosing the best keywords for your website.