Whether you have a large, multi-location business, a small local retail store, or you’re an individual service provider like a lawyer or accountant, you should at least be experimenting with social media.
Social media can be a great way for all kinds of businesses to connect with and engage customers and potential customers, to showcase your brand (even if it’s just your personal brand), to promote loyalty, and to distribute promotions. Along with your company website, social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn offer you an additional online channel promote your business. But managing your business’s social media for multiple social networks can be a lot of work to keep up with.
The good news if you’re an EarthLink Web Hosting customer is that all of our hosting and ecommerce plans include a free tool, called SocialStream, to help simplify and streamline the process of managing your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social networks from one easy-to-use social media dashboard.
How to Set Up SocialStream
- Sign into your Web Hosting Control Center at https://control.earthlink.net with your web hosting domain name, username and password.
- From the Build tab, click on the SocialStream icon.
- Click the Social Networks link.
- Click the Connect button for each of the social networks you want to connect to your web hosting account (you will need to have signed up for the social networks first). If you ever want to disconnect a network, simply come back to this page and click Disconnect.
- A new window will pop up for each network you select, asking you to allow Social Media Tracker to access your account. Click Authorize or Okay. (You may also need to sign in at the same time if you are not already signed in to the service.)
How to Post to Multiple Social Networks
- If you are already in SocialStream, click the Communicate tab at the top of the page. If not, sign back into your Web Hosting Control Center and click the SocialStream icon and then the Communicate link.
- Simply enter your post in the Add New Comment box (following the appropriate limits, such as 140 characters), select which networks you want to post to (or click the Select All button to post to all of them), and click Post Status.
- You will see a confirmation message indicating your post was successful.
How to Track Your Social Media Posts
After you’ve started posting to your social networks, you’ll probably want to keep track of how they are working. SocialStream makes that simple, too.
- If you are already in SocialStream, click the History tab at the top of the page. If not, sign back into your Web Hosting Control Center and click the SocialStream icon and then the History link.
- Click the Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook icons to see information for one network at a time or click Show All.
- You’ll see Posts, No. of Replies, Likes and the Time of the post. The most recent posts are on top.
- Click the Follower Posts tab to see the users who are following your posts on your social networks and any replies to your posts.
Let us know how social media working for your business by leaving a comment below. Good luck!