We’ve provided an overview of managing your domain email in a previous post but this week will dive into one of those features: mailing lists.
With a Mailing List you designate a mailing list email address and add a subscriber list, and then any email sent to that list address is forwarded to everyone on the subscriber list.
Mailing Lists are a simple and efficient way to share information with customers or other groups of people via email. You can also create a mailing list to use as an email discussion group.
Here’s how to create a mailing list with your EarthLink Web Hosting account:
- Sign into your Web Hosting Control Center at https://control.earthlink.net with your EarthLink Web Hosting domain name, username, and password.
- Click the Email tab.
- Click the Add Mailing List icon.
- Enter a new email address to use for the mailing list.
- Enter a Subject. This will be a label [in brackets] applied to all mailing list emails in front of the individual subject lines.
- Enter your subscriber list in the Recipients field. You can add up to 300. Separate the addresses by commas or put one per line.
- Important: Make sure you include an email address that your emails will come from in your recipients list (you can’t use the mailing list address itself)
- Click the Save button and you should get a confirmation that your list was created properly.