An online shopping cart can be the difference between making a sale and losing a customer. If your business is a service (pet grooming, wedding planning, etc.) and you don’t ship physical goods, then you likely won’t need a shopping cart as part of your website. But, if customers buy ship-able goods from you, you absolutely should include give your customers the option to order directly from you online.
It doesn’t matter if you build your website yourself or have a professional web designer build it for you: you need to know if your customers will expect eCommerce functionality (aka “has an online shopping cart”), and provide accordingly. Customers are the lifeblood of your business, and making it convenient for them to give you their money should be a top priority!
EarthLink’s eCommerce plans let you accept credit cards through the web, and is the most convenient way for your customers to buy (since no “time” needs to be spent helping a customer when they’re shopping independently in your online store). eCommerce web hosting plans do cost more than standard hosting plans…but the ability to sell online often far overshadows that cost with profits.
As a bonus, EarthLink includes many additional services in its eCommerce Web Hosting packages, outlined here:
- StoreCreator Pro – Easy-to-use, professional ecommerce shopping cart builder. Includes links to help you sell with eBay.com and Amazon.com
- Rapid SSL Certificate – Allows secure transactions through your online shopping cart; increases customer confidence in your website.
- One-Page Mobile Website – Get customers who are online with smartphones and tablets.
- Call Tracking – Call-tracking and analytics service helps you improve your online and offline marketing. You get a unique toll-free or local phone number so you can track and record customer calls. Includes click-to-call and other features.
- Advanced Website Template Gallery – Choose from more than 5,000 templates.
- Announcer Pro – Send your customers engaging email newsletters using graphic-rich HTML email templates. Includes contact management and reporting tools. Includes 500 contacts; our standard web hosting plans include up to 250 contacts.
- 1,000 Business-Class Email Accounts – Allows for comprehensive email system as your business grows. Standard website hosting plans include up to 200 email addresses.