Bulletin board forums offer you a great way to engage customers and potential customers on your website, generate website traffic, build an online community around your brand, and position your website as a destination for those interested in your area of expertise.
If you are an EarthLink Web Hosting or Ecommerce Hosting customer or subscribe to our professional website design services, you can quickly and easily install the PhpBB bulletin board system on your website from your Web Hosting Control Panel.
PhpBB is the most widely used open-source bulletin board software in the world. PhpBB offers you powerful and easy-to-use “flat-style” website discussion forums, with many forum features and customization options.
Here’s how easy it is to get started with PhpBB:
- Log into your Web Hosting Control Panel here.
- Click the PHPBB Installer icon in the Build section of the Control Panel.
- Click the Install PHPBB link.
- Select a Database User and Database Name at the top of the application configuration page.
- Enter your Administrator account details.*
- Select an installation directory from the list or click Create Directory to create a new one.
- Click Next at the bottom of the page to complete installation.
* Note: Your administrator username has to be longer than 3 characters and your password must be longer than 5 characters.
Once it’s installed, you can return to the PhpBB Installer page in your Control Panel to launch PhpBB in a new browser window or to uninstall PhpBB.