Our wireless 4G Internet On-the-Go service is powered by a tiny but powerful EarthLink 4G Internet Hotspot that you carry with you to stay fully connected.
The mobile 4G hotspot fits in the palm of your hand (or a jacket pocket or purse) and weighs just 2 oz., but it can provide high-speed Internet for up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.). It’s also very easy to set up and use.
Charging Your 4G Internet Hotspot
When you first get your EarthLink 4G Internet Hotspot it should be partially charged. We recommend that you fully charge the hotspot before you begin. The power light indicates the hotspot’s battery strength: green indicates a full charge; amber is medium; and red means the battery is low. When it’s fully charged, your hotspot should have about a 6-hour battery life.
Connecting by Wi-Fi to Your Hotspot
- Press and hold the red power button until you see the lights come on.
- When the 4G light stops flashing, your EarthLink 4G Hotspot is ready to connect any Wi-Fi-enabled device to the Internet.
- Open the Wi-Fi/Wireless network settings area on your computer or other device you’re using to connect to the Internet.
- Select your Hotspot’s Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and enter the Wi-Fi password when prompted (you’ll find the SSID and a default password on the back of the hotspot).
- Open up your browser, email or other apps and enjoy your high-speed wireless EarthLink 4G Internet On-the-Go.
To learn more, see the 4G Wireless Internet pages on our website . We offer both the mobile 4G Internet service described above and a DSL and Cable alternative for high-speed wireless Internet access at home.
And please use the comment box below if you have any questions about 4G hotspot setup or any other aspect of our 4G Internet services.