Then you need to know about File Manager Pro.
It allows you to take full control of your website files and is a safe alternative to full shell access, which is only recommended for technically proficient users.
File Manager Pro lets you copy, move, delete, rename and edit files, create and remove directories, change file permissions and upload files from your local computer to your website.
The tool is best used for files that have been previously uploaded to your website. To upload multiple files at once, you will probably want to use an FTP client.
Here’s how to get started with File Manager Pro:
- Sign into your Web Hosting Control Center at with your EarthLink Web Hosting domain name, username, and password.
- On the Manage Site tab, click the File Manager PRO button (shown above).
- Buttons on top of the new screen let you add a new directory, remove an existing directory, add a new file, upload a file, or restore a file by switching to the File Restore tool.
- If you want to work on an existing file on your website, look in the left side of the page to see your website directory structure and choose the area you want to work on: for example the Public directory.
- Click on a folder within your Directory Structure on the left.
- In the main window, click to highlight a file and then use the buttons at the bottom to Copy, Cut or Delete the file.
- Right-click on the highlighted file to see the file Properties, change or set Permissions, Rename the file, add a file to your archive, or Edit as Text.
- If you are editing the text on one of your pages, simply retype in the new window and click the Save button. But be careful not to inadvertently delete or modify any code unless you know what you’re doing.
- If you want to upload a new file, click the folder you want to upload to, then click the Upload button, then the Browse button. Find the file you want on your computer and click Open. Then click Upload files.