A password unlocks a kingdom of information — yet people often make themselves vulnerable to cyber attack by using weak passwords.
To create better passwords, use these password safety tips:
- Use at least 12 upper and lowercase letters, symbols and special characters
- Make an acronym out of a memorable sentence: My 1st son was born at Atlanta Hospital at 2:30pm= M1swb@AH@2:30pm
- Don’t use personal information easily found from a Google search or social media
- Don’t store your passwords in a Word document or on paper
- Use different passwords for each account
- Never share your password
- Avoid logging into accounts on public computers or unsecured WiFi
If you believe your password has been compromised, change your password right away. If you need help, contact EarthLink Support.